COVID-19 Vaccines & Boosters
At Port Allegany Pharmacy, we currently have Moderna vaccines available either by appointment or as walk-ins during our regular business hours. At this time we are only able to vaccinate those 18 years of age and older.
At Port Pharmacy we are committed to providing our community with access to the most up-to-date information as we continue to navigate our way through COVID-19. As new scientific evidence continues to be collected, recommendations by the CDC are being updated quite frequently. Below is a tool from the CDC for viewing the current COVID-19 risk status by county. You will also find links to the key components of COVID-19 mitigation strategies, vaccine recommendations and quarantine/isolation guidelines below. These links will take you to the most up-to-date CDC guidance for the specific topic.
And as always, you may contact us directly at the store with specific questions.
COVID-19 PCR Tests
Port Pharmacy is proud to take another step towards serving the community during the COVID-19 pandemic by beginning to offer no-cost COVID-19 testing at our store!
Please register with our partner rxcovidtest.com. There you will enter your demographic information, symptoms, and insurance information. Once you have registered for the test through this website, please contact us to have the test administered.
About the tests:
- PCR test with 99.98% accuracy using saliva instead of nasal swabs
- Tests are conveniently conducted from your vehicle outside of the store
- Simple to administer – you just spit into a tube! See the video below for example.
- Port Pharmacy sends the sample to an accredited lab who will test your saliva for the virus and bill your insurance directly.
- Results are emailed to you quickly within 36 to 72 hours quick test (results to you in 36 to 72 hours) for COVID-19.
- Please note that turnaround time for receiving test results is dependent upon shipping and processing time by the lab and are not guaranteed. While many results do come back quickly, we have no control over the timing once the test has been sent to the lab. We appreciate your understanding!
- For those that meet medical necessity the test will be billed to your insurance at zero out of pocket cost. No copays. No deductibles.
- Medical necessity means at LEAST 3 symptoms of COVID-19 or a recent exposure to COVID-19 with or without symptoms.
- For those who still want to be tested but who are not symptomatic, have not been exposed (such as those who need to be tested for travel), or do not have insurance, the test is available for an out-of-pocket cost of $125.